Thursday, November 12, 2009

Money, Money, Money & Some PTR Notes

Well as I stated in my previous post I have been in the process of putting every tradeskill bar Herbalism onto my team. I have just recently finished of Engineering and made a Jeeves repair bot. Today I got my Blacksmithing to around 425. This allows me to make alot of cheap goods that I can disenchant. It also means I can make Eternal Belt Buckles.

So since I've been stockpiling a huge amount of Saronite Ore I decided to generate some Dream Shards. I made 300 Deadly Saronite Dirks and used most of the Dream Shards to buy up every recipe on the Shard Trader for my Enchanter. I then sold a large portion of the shards which are now starting to rake me in a tidy sum of cash.

Eternal Belt Buckles are selling nicely too - but quite slowly. Lets hope that the new 5 man instances next patch drop alot of awesome new belts for people. Large Prismatic Shards are also selling excellent as I can generate these very quickly with a speed clear of Kharazan and Heroic MgT. These two are only going to get much much easier next patch as it looks like we are going to ahve the new Fire Nova spell which lets you burst out the same AoE damage as a fire Nova Totem would have done prior to the patch.

And even better, Fire Elemental Totem is getting reduced to a 10 minute cooldown and Glyphed at the moment on the PTR its 2 minutes! Going to be very crazy for BG PvP, Wintergrasp and Instance Farming!

I've decided to completly pull out of the Glyph Market. I will keep learning all of the new Glyph's that I can but I might look more into it again come the expansion. With all the other markets I am investing in on the AH Glyphs just seem like far too much work for so little profit - sure its steady and if it was the only thing you did you would get very rich over a long period of time - but at the end of the day I'd like to play the game and not just live for crafting and selling things on the AH.

Oh and to top it off, as well as acquiring Jeeves I decided to buy the Travelling Tundra Mammoth today on a spur of the moment because I couldn't find some Enchanted Vials I needed before a raid its very useful!

Just Skinning/Leatherworking Alchemy/Tailoring to go. I'm thinking I might leave Skinning/Leatherworking till last - some of the AoE changes come up will make it heaps faster and I'm in no rush.

No comments: